Calling all Alliance for Appalachia Leaders. . . the Coordinating Committee needs YOU!
Each year, the Alliance Steering Committee nominates a five-person Coordinating Committee to lead our efforts throughout the year. We still have one spot open for 2018! This committee digs into the coordination and management of the Alliance for Appalachia and provides numerous opportunities for leadership and professional development. Members of the Coordinating Committee:
- convene steering meetings and calls
- draft proposals and statements on behalf of the Alliance as they relate to our mission
- generate and consider creative ideas for how our organization will continue to grow in vision and strength
- support staff with budget and fundraising oversight and recommendations
- communicate with current Alliance member organizations and invite potential new members to join
If you or someone you know is looking to build skills in nonprofit management and movement support, they may be a great fit for this committee. Contact us via phone or email to submit your nomination!
Coordinating Committee members should expect to serve a two-year term, attend weekly committee call and bi-monthly steering committee calls, attend committee meetings as planned, and spend roughly 5 additional hours per month on committee work.
Do you have questions about the role of this committee? Contact one of the committee convenors:
Mary Love, co-convenor (KFTC): email@example.com
Willie Dodson, co-convener (AppVoices): firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a Reply