Hello from the AML Research and Action Team!
We have officially launched registration for our in-person meeting, October 27th at the Breaks Interstate Park.
What can you expect at this meeting?
- An opportunity for interested community groups across Appalachia and beyond to come together to cross collaborate and cross pollinate knowledge about the Abandoned Mine Lands Fund.
- Presentation of the whitepaper by Appalachian Transition Fellows Eric Dixon and Kendall Bilbrey.
- Strategy building and identification of campaign avenues or opportunities.
- A diverse group of people working towards an effective use of Abandoned Mine Lands dollars to improve communities.
Who Will Be at this Meeting?
- Impacted community members
- Organizers and Activists
- Representative from community groups and organizations
- Policy experts
- Potentially AML experts from outside Central Appalachia to share their successes and knowledge
- Date: October 27th, 10am-4pm
- Location: Breaks Interstate Park
- Lodging: Breaks Interstate Park Lodge OR camping at Breaks
- Meals: catered by Breaks Restaurant
- We have some funds to assist in travel costs